Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Job Open Date: 06/13/2019)
Duties and responsibilities:
– Lead a team of structural engineers for projects throughout the US in designing various structures that include concrete/steel commercial buildings, wood residential buildings, and seismic retrofit design of existing structures.
– Prepare structural drawings and details, addressing RFIs and review submittals during construction.
– Provide seismic retrofit designs to property owners and construction contractors that meet regulatory requirements, emphasizing safety and quality while maintaining budget and schedule.
– Work directly with clients including general contractors, homeowners, architects as well as government agencies for engineering plan approvals and permitting.
– Design buildings, tanks, and other non-building structures using materials such as steel, concrete, masonry, and wood.
– Perform engineering duties in designing, construction, and maintenance of building structures and structural components of bridges, dams, pipelines, and water treatment plants.
– Perform structural analysis and design including seismic analysis for miscellaneous structures such as equipment anchorage, pipe supports, shoring, scaffolding, etc.
– Prepare concept and layout sketches and validate designs using various structural analysis programs and hand calculations.
– Review designs and analyses performed by other project engineers.
Knowledge and skills required: Engineering analysis programs such as RAM Elements, Enercalc, AutoCAD, Mathcad, Hilti Profis, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite
MS in Civil/Structural Engineering + five years of experience.
Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in one or more US States to stamp plans/drawings.
Lead a team of structural engineers in designing various buildings that include concrete/steel commercial buildings, wood residential buildings, and seismic retrofit design of existing structures
Prepare structural drawings and details, addressing RFIs and review submittals during construction
Design buildings, tanks, and other non-building for concrete, masonry, steel and wood
Prepare concept sketches and layout sketches and validating using RAM/SAP 2000
Knowledge and skills applied:
• Microsoft Office Suite and Engineering Software such as Homedesigner Pro, Microsoft Project, and Primavera & Pro Steel• AutoCAD 2D & 3D drafting experience • CA Licensed Professional Engineer • MS Civil / Structural Eng. + 2 years
The candidate should have taken courses such as advanced steel design, (by advanced we really mean advanced), advanced concrete design, finite element methods. Courses in masonry and wood would help in delivering day-to-day deliverables.We would require transcripts unless you turn out to be exceptionally brilliant during our interview process.
While we would help the candidate to achieve technical mastery, we are looking for a reasonably independent thinking engineer
Must provide own transportation and have a clean driving record